Yes, You Might Already Be Meditating
Initially some people think of meditating as sitting in a pretzel position, finding a quiet space to quiet their minds and taking 1 hour out of their busy lives. That really doesn’t appeal to a large majority of us humans when time management, stress,pressure and over commiting is front row center.
How about if I tell you that you might already be meditating. You are just meditating in a much more easier, relaxed manner that it very doable. Doing something so benifical that is enjoyable and something that you look forward to maybe 1 to 3 times or more per day for 5-10 min is powerful. How does it feel to say that you do meditate each day. How does that feel, to look for 5 min here or 10 min there to anticipate TIME FOR SELF.
Do you spend 5 – 10 minutes……
- closing your eyes and having the radiance of sunshine touch your face and different parts of your body and lot think about anything
- sipping a cup of tea and coffee on your deck, backyard or quiet time before everyone gets up, mid day or end of day
- Sitting around a fire pit and saying nothing, just connecting to the fire
- closing your eyes and listening to the chimes outside as they play a beautiful song with the assistance from the wind.
- Soaking in the tub and no sounds, thoughts, just submerging and letting the weight of the world go.
- Watching birds as they to connect with nature or bathe in the birth bath.
- Watching as the branches of trees move freely and do their own dance.
- Walk around your yard, connect to and watering all the beautiful flowers and noticing all of their lovely flowery faces looking up to the sun.
- Looking at the interesting shapes and sizes of the clouds like a slow motion picture and imagine being up there and and being carried away even oh so briefly.
- Quietly listening to the clock ticking, humming of an appliance or evenconnecting to your own heart beat when you put one or both hands on your heart.
- Listening to beautiful music that moves you deeply
- When having a shower, visualize all the stress letting go and going down the drain.
- Breathing—— Inhale to the count of 1 and exhale three times. This method relaxes, grounded and gives you that peaceful, calm feeling that meditation gives you. You can do it waiting in line, waiting for light to turn, waiting rooms, lunch breaks, bathroom breaks.
These are just a few ways to either start to or confirm what meditating looks like when you are doing it in a easy relaxed manner. As Marc Allen say’s being Type Z personality even if for 5 – 10 min per day. What does meditating look like for you?
EVERYDAY MEDITATION QUOTES
“NATURE DOES NOT HURRY, YET EVERYTHING IS ACCOMPLISHED.” – Lao Tzu –
We do not need any particular place or time to meditate but only mindfulness.
DON’T LET THE BEHAVIOR OF OTHERS DESTROY YOUR INNER PEACE.” – Dalai Lama –
When you own your breath, nobody can steal your peace.
MEDITATION IS THE ART OF DOING NOTHING. – NAVAL RAVIKANT
Sleep is the best meditation. – Dalai Lama –
ALL OF MAN’S DIFFICULTIES ARE CAUSED BY HIS INABILITY TO SIT, QUIETLY IN A ROOM BY HIMSELF.
Empty your mind, be formless, hapeless, like water. – Bruce Lee –